The Giddy Nine was a band of nine members, including Tark. They were led by Simeon, who, after consulting with Esmira, decided that they should sacrifice themselves by floating off Monument Falls; they were led to believe that by so doing they would bring a hero to Lyrian. They also wanted to make a statement because they had been banned from playing together. Tark was the only survivor, thanks to Jason Walker's intervention.
- Simeon, the leader
- Tark (sousalax player)
- A narrow man in a pale outfit who played the xylophone
- A stocky woman who played a curved flute
- Stilus, who alternated between racks of chimes and a tall set of bongos. He got hit with an arrow Jason sent flying.
- A flabby woman who played a strangely-shaped stringed instrument
- Woodwind instrument player
- Cymbal player